Thursday, March 10, 2011

worth remembering

The other day, a kind woman stopped me to talk about Charlotte. This, after overhearing others speak of how good-natured she is, after being told what a "beautiful expression" she wears. The woman who stopped me was elderly and spoke slowly, with a slight accent that I found a bit difficult to follow. I asked her to repeat what she had said, and then I understood it:

"You must be so glad to have her."

I assured her that this little girl is loved before saying goodbye and returning to our day. But those words have been repeating in my mind ever since, ringing especially clear when I feel the joy within that so often appears as I watch Charlotte move through her world, learning and growing and finding her way.




Yes, we are so very glad to have her.



1 comments:

Jen said...

Such a sweet little girl. We're all so glad to know her!