Friday, May 27, 2011

snapshots from the farm

I don't usually bring the camera along when we're working on the farm, so there are few pictures of the children in this place they do so love. When the camera is on, I find that what is captured through the lens tells the story of how these little ones have come to know this place. It's a story told in fragments and snapshots, one that we will continue to tell through the moments, and one I hope they will always remember.




:: above the ground::



::out the window::



::through the hayloft:



:: in her hand::



:: amid the light::

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Your photography is simply beautiful. And now I am nostalgic for my grandparents barn.

PinkCatJo said...

It looks like such a lovely, calm peaceful place. Beautiful pictures! x

Stacy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those photos. I want a barn like that!

Our moment :: http://worldofwiedz.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-moment_27.html

Barbara said...

Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. I especially love the one with the egg; my kiddos love collecting eggs at my parents' house and I am always amazed at how tenderly they hold and look at the eggs.

- Barb
(http://www.luckypennymake.com/luckypennymake/2011/05/this-moment-1.html) if you want to check it out.

Meg said...

Great pictures! Love that last one! :)

Lindsay said...

Wow, I love your photos! Beautiful! Your barn makes me envious - ours is a small shed-like thing.

Amanda Greco Holmes said...

Oh Lindsay, I wish I could say it was *our* barn. This farm is a place down the road where we work a few times a week with the benefit of farm-fresh foods and the feeling that it is a place of our own. Now having your own barn, that makes me a bit envious!